Welcome To Bermuda
Need to Getaway?
Time in Hamilton -
A famous American comedian once visited Bermuda's beautiful isles and asked if food coloring was added to our ocean to make it so turquoise.
This is an Atlantic paradise
What a sight to behold after travelling for hours, to see the once dark deep blue Atlantic Ocean suddenly change hues. Beautiful coral reef formations seem to appear closer to your window as the plane descends over the crystal clear waters. Bermuda longtails can be seen playing over the ocean.
You notice deep sea Fishing Charters, boat tour charters and cruise liners navigating their way. Anticipation heightens, as you curiously try to spot any sight of land. Then suddenly you see the 21 sq mile area of islands sparkling in the golden sun like the crown jewel she is.
This is paradise and every paradise has its own flavor. Flavor so multicultural and rhythmic, there is no doubt that these same vibes flow over into the kitchen. Local cuisine is tasty, colorful, healthy, hearty and delicious.
I want to introduce you to a culinary vacation in these subtropical isles. If you are unable to schedule a relaxing getaway to experience our savory dishes first hand, local recipes are provided to help you gain that same island flavor in your own homes.
But if you are able to escape your daily realities, These islands are the perfect destination. You can stay within budget or splurge on the sophisticated things in life. We will show you what is available on the island including hotels, transportation around, where to visit and what to do while highlighting restaurants that serve the best in local cuisine and the ones spicing things up.
Coral reef formations are a barrier of protection
The presence of phytoplankton contribute towards the turquoise waters. Phytoplankton can only be found in waters were coral reef is present. Bermuda is the most Northern island in the Atlantic where coral grows. Such growth is due to the Gulf Stream flowing from the south. The coral reef breakers stand out along South Shore thus creating an undeniable boundary of shallow waters and the deep ocean. Along the North Shore the reef formations can be visible from land.
An island steeped in culture
The island is very cultural. Evidence of this can be seen during the annual Heritage Day parade. Here you can see traditional floats made of local flowers and vegetation. The picture below is displaying a traditional Bermudian cottage.
There are other cultural events that happen annually where you can be apart of local culture including Cup Match, Agriculture Exhibition, Good Friday and National Trust Walkabout in the Ole Town of St. Georges and the Art Walk.
Have A Bermudaful Day
- Facts About Bermuda
- About Bermuda provides a snapshot of history and facts about the island.
- City of Hamilton
- City Of Hamilton is a small sophisticated city with flair
- The Parish of St Georges, historic town of St. George
- St Georges the Old City of Bermuda
- The Bermuda Triangle
- The Bermuda Triangle is also known as the Devil's Triangle
- Best Restaurants And Eateries In Bermuda
- The Best Restaurants In Bermuda
- Bermuda Breads
- Bermuda Breads are often served up at afternoon tea in various hotels around the island.
- Bermuda Drinks
- Bermuda drinks can be enjoyed anywhere around the world
- Delicious Authentic Bermuda Recipes
- Try The Best Of Bermuda Recipes
- Bermuda Rice Dishes
- Bermuda rice dishes can be found on most local menus
- Bermuda Seafood
- Bermuda Seafood Recipes are fresh straight straight from the ocean
- Annual Exhibition in Bermuda
- Annual Exhibition is the number one community event on the Island
- Annual Art Walk in St. Georges
- The art walk is an annual event held in the old town of St. Georges
- Bermuda Day
- Bermuda Day is set aside to bring the community together in celebration of our diverse heritage
- Cup Match
- Cup Match is the biggest holiday next to Christmas in the islands
- Good Friday
- Good Friday is part of the Easter holiday in Bermuda
- National Heros Day
- National Heros Day was implemented in place of the observance of the Queen's birthday
- Remembrance Day
- Remembrance Day is a public holiday celebrated in Bermuda on 11 November each year
- Restaurant Week in Bermuda
- Restaurant Week showcases top restaurants in Bermuda featuring discounted menus
- Luxury Hotels
- Luxury Hotels in Bermuda are top of the line in pampering and services
- Guest Houses
- Guest Houses are a great way to stay in Bermuda
- Attractions, What To Do In Bermuda
- What Are The Must See Attractions In Bermuda
- The Best Bermuda Beaches And Seaside Amenities
- Where Are The Best Bermuda Beaches And What Do They Offer?
- Bermuda Forts
- Bermuda Forts are made of limestone which makes it a durable fortress
- Museums in Bermuda Reflect Our History
- Museums in Bermuda Tell Bermuda History
- Activities For Everyone
- Activities For The Young And The Young At Heart
- Come Explore Bermuda's Hidden Treasures
- Explore Bermuda's Natural Treasures
- Gambling in Bermuda
- Gambling in Bermuda is not taboo it's just allowed in small doses.
- Bermuda Golf Is Golf Heaven
- Bermuda Golf Ideal For All Level Golfers
- Bermuda Wedding
- A Bermuda Wedding Is Idyllic For Your Special Day
- Nightlife in Bermuda
- Nightlife in Bermuda is not like any place in the world
- Best Places For Shopping in Bermuda
- Shopping In Bermuda
- Cruising to Bermuda
- Cruising to Bermuda is the least expensive way to visit the island.
- LF Wade International Airport
- LF Wade International Airport is located in St. George's parish
- Yachting To Bermuda
- Yachting to Bermuda is an elite experience
- Important Bermuda Travel Tips
- Must Have Bermuda Travel Tips
- Advertising With Us
- Advertising with us creates awareness of your business all over the world
- Contribute to Bermuda
- Would you like to share your knowledge about bermuda? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.
© Copyright 2009 - 2018 Bermuda2u.com
Promoting Travel and Tourism to Bermuda
Solo Build It!